1. Klaus-Jürgen Bathe Leadership Programme at University of Cape Town (UCT) 2018 Purpose TheKlaus-Jürgen Bathe Leadership Scholarships are awarded every year to chosen UCT undergraduate students showing potential as a leader. This is done to support the candidates financially while aiding the development of their leadership potential via extra programme activities to eventually assume considerable leadership roles in Africa. Eligibility This programme is open to application for all UG students who are enrolled in one of the six faculties of UCT. Candidates can apply to this in the first year or post completion of the first year, but there must be a minimum of 2 years left in the course before receiving this scholarship. Also postgraduate are not eligible. Selection Criteria and Process Students chosen for this must mainly show leadership potential in sectors of economy with regard to Africa, with an intention to effect positive changes in the government and industrial sectors of South Africa or even other African countries.Academic merit, willingness to serve the community at large and the degree of financial needs are all metrics considered to select the candidate who deserves the scholarship. Award and Conditions This programme/scholarship will offer complete financial aid to the tune of R120,000 per annum towards tuition fees, accommodation, meals and an allowance study material and transport. This also includes an expense-paid internship spanning six weeks in South Africa, Germany or the USA. This also means the candidate will have to take up two extra courses dealing with leadership as chosen by the scholarship programme director. Full scholarships for international students undergraduate 2017 showed great success in its implementation.
How to Apply
Prospective scholarship applicants should finish the correct application form for the year in question. The link for the application details is given below:
http://www.kjbatheleadership.uct.ac.za/batheleadership/scholarships Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017 2.
Iowa State University (ISU) Scholarship for International Students 2018 –USA About Scholarship: This scholarship is used to support students who have shown outstanding academic merit and talent in maths, science, arts, leadership, extracurricular activities or entrepreneurship.Eligibility: This is a UG offering and for candidates to be eligible they need to be international transfer applicants have lesser than 66 transferable semester credits or international freshmen. Selection Criteria:Demonstrated strong academic achievement, and outstanding talent or achievements in one or more of the following areas: math and sciences, the arts, extracurricular activities, community service, leadership, innovation, or entrepreneurship. There are two international merit Scholarship levels with Gold level being $8,000 per annum and Cardinal level being $4,000 annually Duration of Scholarship:Recipients will be funded for a maximum of 8 semesters, or degree completion whichever happens first.
• Applicants must be international students and must have completed an international application for admission • The SAT is not needed, but will be considered if submitted, it • A resume or CV listing your achievements • A letter of recommendation • A 500-word essay describing why you need the scholarship How to Apply Candidates need to submit their UG Application for Admission and all needed financial documents, transcript and exam results before applying for this program. It is essential to remember that the application submission can be done only online, and email or post wont be accepted.Application Deadline: 1st October 2017 Given below is the link for application.
Ashinaga Fully-funded Undergraduate Scholarships for Orphans from sub-Saharan Africa 2017 Ashinaga is a Japan-based non-profit organization which provides scholarship to orphans from African countries that are looking to pursue a bachelor’s degree.in US, UK and Japan. This is one of the best scholarships in Europe for African students. Scholarships in Europe for international students 2017 have shown great promise in terms of incoming application in terms of volumes. Purpose: • This program educational and even emotional aid to students who are orphaned. This is a complete scholarship covering the cost of tuition accommodation, travel and even a monthly allowance covering food and study material. Eligibility • Applicants must be a citizen of a select list of African countries – Benin, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Republic of Congo, Burundi, Cameroon, Togo, Comoros, Djibouti, Gabon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, and Senegal,
•Applicants must have lost a parent or both parents.
•Applicants must have finished their primary and secondary school education within the last 2 years, or should complete 12 years of education by December 31, 2016
• Applicants must be in need of financial aid to attend university.
• Applicants must be proficient in English Language.Application Deadline: 7th August 2017 Given below is the link to the scholarship: http://ashinaga100–yearvision.org/en/scholarship.html 4. UNESCO/Sri Lanka Co–Sponsored Fellowship Program for Undergraduate Study2017/2018 The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization gives the UNESCO/Sri Lanka Co-Sponsored Undergraduate Fellowships for potential candidates or students. These scholarships are available to the students of Kenya, Saint Kitts, Nevis to conduct study in Sri Lanka. The aim of the fellowships is to enhance the strategic objective of UNESCO and promoting the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals. The fellowships are awarded in BS in Agricultural Technology and Management, University of Peradeniya (4 years) for candidates from Kenya and BS in Environmental Conservation and Management in the direction of Climate Change Studies, University of Kelaniya (3 years) for candidates from Saint Kitts and Nevis. Scholarship Award: The scholarship benefits include Round-trip expense for travel to and from Sri Lanka for the academic year 2017-2018. One time travel expense of US$350. A monthly allowance of US$150 is given along with US $200 covering excess luggage charges. Two fellowships are available.
• Candidates having great results at an examination which is equivalent to G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination of Sri Lanka or qualifications needed for admission to a university in the candidate’s home country to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
• Proficiency in the English language.
• Candidates should be between 16-22 years of age and be in good health Application process
• Applicants should fill the application form as suggested and attach the following application documents in duplicate:
• Certified copies of academic transcripts of G.C.E.A/L (General Certificate of Education Qualification, Advanced Level) and G.C.E.O/L (General Certificate of Education Qualification, Ordinary Level) or their equal in the associated field of study in w.r.t the scholarship
• Candidates are suggested to attach the original letter received from the Board of Examinations to prove that his/her educational qualification are equivalent to the G.C.E.(A/L) Examination in Sri Lanka, or qualifications required for admission to a university in their home country to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
• Certified copies of educational certificates and School graduation Certificates;
• Non-native English speakers need a certificate of English language proficiency or a letter from competent authorities of the respective countries confirming proficiency in English
• Three photographs, Birth certificate, the health certificate completed in English.
• Certified copies of data pages of the applicant’s passport • email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 11, 2017. Given below is the link to the scholarship: http://scholarship–positions.com/unesco–sri–lanka–co–sponsored–undergraduate–fellowships/2017/07/04/